It's back to us actually
06:33:00Trust me. Am fussy.
A real one, well, at least I think I am.
Back in Jasin, the makcik DS always provided us with mi goreng during 10 am break. Well, my tekak can eat the mi. With one condition. Put aside all the taugeh first then I'll eat the rest. Yup.. Our makcik DS macam tokei kedai taugeh kot. Letak taugeh lagi byk drpd mi. So, being me. Am so fussy in choosing food. For main reason, I dont like to chew those taugeh.. So, I'll put aside the taugeh then ate the mi. If happens, ada satu dua taugeh tersesat masuk juga dlm mi tu, tgh-tgh kunyah, yup.. I'll keluarkan balik sume. Teruk kan?
Well.. That's me. Each person is diff. We cant judge people and at the same time hope they'll be like us. No. It's so wrong. Well, at least, am the one who think that way.
Lots of thing am became so fussy with. Tak makan nasi dalam seminggu tu biasa ye. My mak takde. So takde sape nak masak. And am so memanjakan diri sendiri taknak masak. So, ended up eating ice-cream as daily meals for week. Biasa la tu. No harm. Tu kot resipi kurus. Hahaha..
When am get married, my sayang already noe my attitude. Air neh tak leh minum. Neh tak boleh. Neh boleh. No fish. No ulam-ulam yada yada yada.. Banyak songeh la minah neh sorg. He..
When we're expecting the kecik.. Alhamdulillah. Am not having any morning sickness or mngidam benda bukan-bukan thingy like makan sabun or drink minyak petrol or nak sate yg jual kat Johor tapi duk kat Perlis. Yup. None of that. Syukur. Tapi one thing I cant resist. I hv to go to the shop. Everyday. And must buy at least one thing. MUST. Gila kan? Haahaha.. And my sayang so tabah took me wherever I want. Usual question, sayang nak pegi mana hari ni? If my sayang malas <- 9 bulan, hari-hari nak keluar pegi kedai, those penyakit malas mesti dtg juga la kan, I'll bangun and gosok baju, siap-siap sume and waited for my sayang. If my sayang still lazy around the bed, I still remember am sitting next to the door with masam mencuka face. And my sayang will bangun-dgn-tak-rela-hatinya. With muka masam ikut je la the wife nak pergi mana. Hee..
I became more fussy when am expecting. All I want for my baby is the best. Sume expecting parents macam tu kan? The Parenthood mag is a must. Duk belek sana sini sume. English mag is more aware than the usual Malay mag. No harm. Tapi that's the truth. Before CAP keluarkan the list yg ada harm chemical things for babies tu sume, kat dalam English mag dah berlambak. Dah lama. So am being extra cautious careful. And at the same time comfort is a must.
Till the kecik was delivered.. Everything must under my fussy ngok ngeh attitude neh. Neh tak boleh. Neh boleh. No. No. Big no! Kesian kan. Still baby dah macam-macam pantang larang.
Yeah.. Back on 70s or 80s, all babies at that time were exposed to the cigarette smoke while they're carried by their own mothers, exposed to the asap kereta yang at that time minyak keta dan keta tak la secanggih-manggih cam skang. With tap water, white flour, and brightly lead painted cribs. So balloons, toy boxes and no bicycle helmets, and they all managed to survive just fine.
That's true. Tapi it's back to me. Am so fussy. Eating only chicken which nowadays ayam mostly cucuk. Sayur langsung tak makan. Time pregnant dulu time nak makan acid folic je mesti taknak makan. Even menangis because I've to eat those pills! Ended up am eating only 2 pills. Lepas tu dah tak makan. Lack of calcium. So I've to take calcium yang CHEWABLE pills sbb refuse taknak makan pill kalsium orang-orang 'tua' pregnant makan. Macam budak kecik. The doc had to give out another prec specially for me. Asyik makan ice-cream and choc and chekedis (junk food). Susu Enfamama tu minum 2 gelas je then simpan buat kenangan.
That's among the reason why am so choosy and mengada-ngada for the kecik things. Because I know that I dont take care of myself and body during the pregnancy time. And I owe the kecik that. Am worried if the kecik immune system wasnt great as other kids who their mothers always eat veggie and those pills and always read to them during in the womb. I've to prevent the kecik from any illness because am the one who lack of nutricion during pregnancy.
People around me kept telling, takpe. Dok mati ah.. Skit je.
Am not stopping the kecik having all the fun and games. Go ahead. Enjoy your life. But under my supervision. We let you play those toys tapi we'll choose them and buy them for you. We let you to eat those ice-cream tapi takde la sampai satu kotak besar. We gv you to eat the fries tapi after daddy or mommy hisap bagi takde garam aka msg sume dulu. But till then, no chekedis for you. Sorry. Eat your cookies. Not too much choc. I've learn my lesson tru other experienced. If once you let your baby 'try sket je', 'tak mati pun', 'tak sakit pun', test all those junk food, believe me. If you start to give the babies skit-skit rasa, the babies will asked some more. Ice-cream and choc boleh tahan lagi. Tapi chekedis?? No no no! Nanti. Not now.
All the kecik's things is from the best, Alhamdulillah. My sayang and I can afford it. After all it's for our own baby. I'll feel so bersalah if I didnt gv the kecik the best. My mak and abah who parents to the 7 orang anak can afford those things with my abah the one who only working, why didnt me? If my mak and my abah can send us to the best school, why didnt us? Siap hantar amek lagi. Everyday.
Those Planete Enfants, Mothercare, Mom's Care, Early Learning Centre <-- just name few, kang letak nama Juice Couture, Armani kids sume tu mana nak cari Malaysia kan, these shops wont built for nothing. And all the Hospital's choice, SIRIM, or Kids Assc are not for tengok-tengok letak dalam frame or almari. For a reason. That's why we can see all those kids store nowadays. Not for the jual membeli things. That's not the main.
The main : Provided all the safe and proven things for babies.
Mana nak tau benda tu elok? Dah namanya Hospital's choice or Gold award or cop SIRIM sume, of course la kan. Takde maknanya dorg nak saja-saja letak all those cop. Buat menyemak dan abehkan duit printing je. Those awards werent made for nothing. Nak dapatkan award tu ada 1000s tests and lots of review sume. Sama la kan with minum air Spritzer yang asyik menang Gold award with air masak. Sama je. Air. Buat hilang dahaga. Tapi those source is important. What's contains in the water is important. Air masak tu, cuba gi belek-belek filter tu, tah-tah dh berkulat. Air asyik berkeladak. No harm to the air masak. Tapi kita kena la jaga to make it clean and healthy for the family. Jangan la pula jumpa orang yang asyik minum air mineral cakap orang tu berlagak je. Dah dia nak minum air tu. Ikut suka dia la. Pe nak kecoh kan?
Back to the kecik's things, I've stated before. Incl in my first post we're the new gen of parents who exposed to fast food as daily meals. And our body wasnt kuat as disangka. So we need to take care for the baby. Furthermore, duit my sayang tu if tak jatuh kat our own baby, pe guna nya kan? Bagi la anak rasa sket..
Till then.. Enjoy your day!
3 comments