Adik

15:32:00

I dont have 'adik' and not even 'adik-adik'.

I'm the adik.
The youngest one in my family.

Except for Pok Mat and Cik Esah, they didnt call me adik. Well, in public. Pok Mat will called me adik when there's no one and bila nak minta tolong, baru nampak the word adik tu. Or he'll just saying.. Tolong gosok baju. Oh. Silap. Gosok baju ni. Tolong is an expensive word from him.

As for Cik Esah.. Dulu masak kecik-kecik, the word adik tu wujud. Then in between, we kept arguing and fighting (yups), so, I panggil dia Cik Esah, and she called me Tam. Cesss.. Dah la pi malukan kat bilik. Tam, cepatlah! Tidur ke? Lama dah tunggu ni.

My mak used to say.. Dont kept arguing with Cik Esah, one day if my mak wasnt here anymore, she'll be my 'second mak'. Ok. Mata bergenang now.

It's hard. But then I've learn tru the times. Siblings will always be siblings. No matter what's happened and people will never shut their mouth. Am being spoilt by my abang-abang, the most. When I was at Gerik, Im and Pok Mat be my 'drivers'. They sent me off. Seems KL - Gerik, 2 hours are more than enough. And there's one time, at Cik Esah's reception (I never sekutu or sekepala with my brother-in-law), I was crying out loud. Just for simple reason, my mak tak sempat lipat all my clothes and letak dalam bag je. Too busy with Cik Esah's wedding and totally abandoned me. Well, that's what I felt at that time. Plus, my mak and my abah didnt visited me at Gerik for 2 months before the wedding. Dulu masa kat Gerik, bukan tiap-tiap bulan boleh balik. There's always been sakit-sakit incidents. So, when my mak didnt pack up my things, lagi la mengamuk this one adik.

Dah la before we went to my brother-in-law house, my mak dah pesan awal-awal. Balik dgn my abang ke gitu la. My abah and my mak will not send me off to Gerik. Ok. One point there. Masa dalam kereta, I'll always always always sit middle at the back. Walhal ada je space sebelah kanan, tapi still, I'll sit at the middle. Cik Esah kept saying, Ishh.. Tepi la. Punggung besar.

Eh. I was not even reach 15 at that time. Punggung siapa lagi besar? Hu. Gaduh lagi. And as always, my mak menangkan Cik Esah. Tapi still, I duduk dekat tengah tu. Peduli apa. Am the youngest plus am not that into abang ipar thingy.

So, bila I dah menangis-nangis, my mak said, ok, mak lipat baju.
I dah emo time ni.

Tak payah. Biar je.
Tapi, my mak still continue lipat those baju.
And I kept crying as I think my mak abah didnt love me anymore. Wedding Cik Esah lagi penting than send me off the Gerik. Ok. Childish. I know but am the adik. Dung dang dung dang, then my abah said, ok, they'll send me off. At that time, I dah dont care about anything anymore. Terus I cakap, tak nak! So, here we goes, all my abang send me off the Gerik. 3 cars just to send me off the Gerik. Nangis. Tapi at that time, sedih. Totally sad.

You see, how much my abang-abang loves me as their adik. As Abang Isa's place is my favourite place after all. Rather spent my holiday with his wife and kids than at other places. Eventho, there's one moment, gi holiday sakan, baju semua tinggal kat KL, balik Jasin from Johor with jeans and baby-T.

I didnt call my abang-abang with 'abang'. Just Abang Isa (the eldest) and 'Abang' for Pok Mat. The other, names. Kadang-kadang will called Din as Abang Din. Panggil abang seems like distance for me. Cik Esah tu lagi la. I didnt called her kakak or kak. Just Cik Esah or Ang. That's why I was laughing so hard when my sayang called her Kak Ilham. Hahaa.. Sounds funny tho..

Maybe my abang-abang(especially) or Cik Esah didnt realize this. They've teach me the most valuable thing in life when it's comes about adik. Spoilt your adik as much as you can eventho you didnt know what's coming.

Celebrate her birthday with few colouring books and put them on the plastic chair and sang 'Happy Birthday'. Surprised her with a surprise visit and a box of KFC at school. And cash too. Gave your little adik some cash eventho you're having the hardest thing in life. Never ever let others joking to take your adik away from you.

My siblings seems not like others. We're fighting most of the time. We didnt called abang adik angah alang along or seangkatan dengannya. Somehow, we get along. Because we're brothers and sisters. One thing for sure, they've spoilt me so much. And the love and care. I'm nothing compared to them. That's why, even I dont get along with my brother-in-law much or my other sisters-in-law except for Kak Julie (the most) and Kak Min, I'll always pray for the happiness. For dunia dan akhirat. And if anybody going to hurt my abang-abang and kakak feelings, watch out. They've got little sister with a big ego that will destroy you.

And when I've got married with my sayang, automatically, I got two adik. And being 'kakak', I would love to see some respect. If you didnt respect me, that's ok. Eventho, hati membara. Tapi please, my husband is your abang. Memang I melawan cakap my abang-abang or kakak, tapi I still respect them. I always hurt their feeling. I know. Tapi I know my limits. I always trying to be there for them. Not even leaking any single secrets to others. My abang-abang will knows. Dont you, guys? But, they're my abang-abang. And for their wives, I still respect them even I didnt get along too well. Except for Kak Julie.

Gaduh adik-beradik is totally different with gaduh dengan kawan or saudara mara. At the end of the day, you'll need each others.

If anyone read my past entries, there's one post about my sis-in-law (my sayang's adik) getting married. And months later, she was confirmed pregnant. We went back to my parents-in-law place, and I nampak there's one big book for babies name on the dining table. I've told my sayang.

> Kenapa la beli buku nama baby dulu? The baby stuff is more important. Nanti bersalin awal kan dah susah.

My sayang..

> Biar la. Pandai-pandai la tu nanti. Dia dah beli kot. Mana kita tau.

7 months later, dah bersalin. Pre-mature baby. Mulut I masin. Maybe am not the best kakak ipar tapi, there's some points you should take notes. As when my sayang's youngest brother went to an exchange programme..

> Dapat sponsor ke apa? Faham-faham je la. Even ada sponsor, budak tu nak makan apa. Or at least, dah alang-alang ke negara orang, take time for jalan-jalan la juga kan. Nak kena guna duit juga kan.

Sekali..

> Pandai-pandai la nak hidup. Dah besar.

I dont know why my sayang said those things. My sayang is one baik hati abang as my abang-abang. Tapi showing them? It's hard, I guess. I know my sayang want splash and spoilt his adik-adik. Tapi, hurm.. I dont know. Mungkin tak nak tunjuk depan-depan kot? Ego, I guess?

Anyhow, adik tetap adik. Respect is one important thing. No matter what, please, show some respect.

This is the ka'tak'.
Old picture. One more ka'tak' tak jumpa pula gambar.


And the most precious baby..


Makan biskut. Part of daily activities.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

Subscribe