My baby girl is getting married

03:03:00

Sungguh. Sekarang I rasa tua.

Tiba-tiba terus tersedar.. Ehhhh.. Anak saudara I dah nak kahwin dah. OMG! Everyone's getting married! Semua dah ada anak. Oh! Oh! Tua dah!!!

Ada few friends of mine, their father sama umur with my eldest brother. So, if my first niece, getting married, is not a big deal actually. Dah kata pun I anak bongsu. Unexpected child. Sebab tu I've tagged along my abah and my eldest brother.

Plus, before Pon and Bon, Bila and Atha are the only girls (nieces) in the family. Lagilah kamceng.

Sampai sekarang I still ingat. Tapi I tak pernah cerita to anyone except my husband. Tu pun dalam last year kot I cerita.

Dulu, masa kecil-kecil, zaman comel-comel, my girl cousins and me memang selalu interframe masuk magazines. Tu pun sebab our elder cousins kahwin, so ada can la kitaorg interframe as flower girls. Kalau masuk bab flower girls, memang our favourites. In our big family, gap umur tu memang jauh-jauh. You ada cousin yang sebaya with your own mak, and cousin yang sebaya dengan anak you sendiri.

So, bila dah masuk magazine, our dress bukan calang-calang baju. All made by Rizalman. I ingat lagi, masa tu, my nieces balik Besut. And ada la dress flower girl ni. Lepas tu Bila (my 1st niece) kept saying nak try.. Nak try.

I was sooooo kedekut at that time. Ingat lagi time Bila and Atha ambil gambar wearing my flower girl dress, I was soooo masam. Maksu yang kedekut! He..

I'm the youngest one and my nieces pula lebih kurang umur I je. So, the feeling of friends more than the feeling of blood-related. Dalam hati I macam tak puas hati. Apasal la nak pakai baju I ni!

As we're growing up and all, I've just realized something. It's nothing wrong with my Bila. It's just me. Tak nak share barang dengan orang lain. Mentang-mentanglah bongsu. Shame on me. She's my niece. And after all she's adore her Maksu.

Bila I dah masuk Gerik and all, I know that they're always be favourite nieces. No matter what, I still love them.

Masa I baru kahwin dulu, Kak Lie (my sis-in-law aka Bila and Atha's mother) said..

: Kak Lie tak kisah if Nabilah nak kahwin awal ke muda ke. If dia dah nak kahwin, kahwin la. Daripada buat bukan-bukan.

Few times jugalah Kak Lie repeat. Masa tu I dah macam.. Eh.. Kak Lie ni kenapa? Dia dapat senses her daughter nak kahwin awal ke? Sebab I cant hide any secret from her. Mesti Kak Lie tau. Yang I memang ingat sampai sekarang, masa tu I belum kahwin. The planning was there. Tak ada siapa tahu except my husband and me. Tiba-tiba Kak Lie call..

: Nak kahwin eh?

And I was like...

Huh?

Kak Lie is like my other mother. And tak lama lagi nak jadi mother-in-law dah. I've learnt best of the both world. How my mak teach me being independent girl and how Kak Lie teach me how to hold and stick what we've believed. My mak abah suap me with ilmu akhirat dosage and my eldest brother and wife suap me with duniawi dosage.

At the end of the day, dunia dan akhirat, semua pasal hati.

As for Bila, when my break time at Gerik, my place will be at her place. If my Abang Isa berjalan holiday, memang I ikut juga. My nieces yang ajar me how to wear like human sikit. Otherwise I pakai slack and big t-shirt. They teach me how to treat yourself like a princess.

Bila is the one yang pakai mini skirt warna pink with Dior jacket masa her primary school dinner while her friends pakai jeans and lousy shirts. She's got style. Sampai sekarang. Yet she knew how to blend with surrounding.

Pernah la I macam pelik..

: Eh. Korang nak pergi mana ni? Malam-malam curl rambut, make up bagai. Clubbing eh?

: Tidurlah maksu!

: Nak tidu pun pakai make up?

: Haah. Nak jumpa prince charming.

Macam-macam sungguh budak-budak ni. They just wanna have fun.

And bila masuk bab nikah kahwin, am hoping it's not main-main. I always think that Bila will get married with someone dashing and a very very very deeppp pocket. Sebab all those guys yang after her, adalah budak-budak yang memang semua hulur latest gadgets and designer bags for birthday. Tak tunggu birthday pun, berlambak dapat hadiah.

Seeing designer paper bags in her room bukan benda pelik. Especially during her birthday. Histeria collection tu, yupss, she own them. Masa tu Bila still at school. Such a lucky girl!

Bila I tanya her kenapa rejected some deep pocket boys, she said..

: Dah hati tak rasa sayang. Nak buat macam mana.

After all, she's not after all those wealth. Luar mungkin nampak she;s after the rich one tapi hakikatnya they after her. And at the end, she'll need a guy that can comfort her. Which she comfortable with.

She's might be young but she's a better cook than me. She's more rajin than me. She's more beautiful than me. Also fashionable than me. Sometimes I do wish to be more free like her. Not afraid of mix and match clothes. She's so bright and colourful! Anak saudara can doodle up cantik, her maksu lame je haaaaa..

And I know that Bila can be a better wife and mother. Oh. Mother. Mungkinkah next year I bergelar Toksu?

Ohhhhh!

By the way,

Selamat Pengantin Baru Bila and Anip.
Semoga bahagia hingga ke anak cucu dunia akhirat.
Semoga dilimpahi kemewahan dan kesenangan dunia akhirat.

Marriage is not the end of a romantic journey. It's just the beginning. And be ready to romantic for the next 50-90 years!

Hadiah kahwin minta dengan Paksu. I dont have any idea what's to give to you guys. Botol susu aci tak?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

recent posts

Subscribe