Parents yang macam mana?

07:23:00

This is my point of view as a parent.

I dont have any specific character or type of parents that I wanna be when I was pregnant for my eldest kid. All that I know I want him to get all the great things in dunia and akhirat. I want him to be someone that me, family, community and agama be proud of. Itu harapan.

Tapi providing all the great things for him, itu my motto. My parenting motto.

When my son started going to school, looking at the other parents, made me think. Well, few weeks ago when we met a doctor who started to talk about his kids and such, it really made me think. What kind of parents I'll be?

Am I going to be a pushy mommy?
Am I going to be a A-all perfect mommy?
Am I going to be such a layback cool mommy?

That's made I wonder, how my parents raised me. Obviously, I'm the youngest one, it's either I memang manja or dimanjakan or memanjakan diri sendiri. All three pun boleh.

Maybe sebab tu budak bertuah memang manja. He'll goes PDA ikut suka hati dia je.

'Mommy, nak hug'
'Mommy, nak kiss' (setepek air liur kat pipi)

PDA much.

Walaupun time tu la baru mommy nak borak dengan orang lain, time tu la you nak peluk la, kiss la, dukung la, semua lah. I mean, he's comfortable to show his love. Or maybe element mengada campur manja campur showing off tu ada sedikit sebanyak.

If my kid(s) growing up to be a doctor, lawyer, great businessman, engineer (well, kerja-kerja yang selalunya semua orang bangga), am I going to be so proud mother? Am I going to tell anyone how great he's turns to? What if things not seems to be 'perfect', will I ignore my son?

I dont want to.
I love my son and further kid(s).
I'll stick and support and will always be there for them.

If things turn to be great on people's eyes, syukur Alhamdulillah. If not, my kid(s) still perfect for me.

Itu pasal anak. Apa yang jadi in future, tapi I want to see things from my view, parent.

To think of, my mak abah never went hassle me and my siblings (I think so) with requests. Faham tak? Contoh la kan, if they want to change a new fan at home, they wont asked help from us, be it the fan or money to buy the fan. They'll do it by themselves. Ini contoh la ye, kipas. Perhaps my parents think that anak-anak ada benda or tanggungjawab sendiri, so, tak payah nak susahkan anak walaupun sebenarnya benda tu tak susah pun bagi anak. Tapi bagi dorang, itu mungkin menyusahkan anak. As anak, if things rosak ke, they need something ke, obviously memang kita provided la kan. Kita ganti kipas tu dengan bilah platinum pun belum tentu boleh balas jasa our parents kan.

My mak abah went for Haji when I was a little girl. So now, I, as anak, takde la rasa macam, ishh, macam tak kena pulak parents belum pergi Haji and such. Faham tak rasa tu? Faham tak? Sebab my mak abah already settled their part. Sebagai anak, if my parents nak pergi umrah lagi sekali ke or haji sekali lagi ke, boleh la tolong provide kan.

Maksudnya dekat sini, my parents dont want their kids to feel burden with them, tapi I know, deep down, of course la mak abah suka if we're always there to help them out kan. Benda basic macam tu, takkan la nak explain bersungguh-sungguh kan? Orang kata basic thinking.

I want to be like that. I dont want to burden my kid(s), maybe for them it's not, but I dont want to. If they want to give, okay, syukur Alhamdulillah, if takde, I wont go bising. Because my parent raised me by they be understanding to the kids, why not me practising the same one?

Maybe I'm spoilt my son a little bit, maybe lah. Tapi ada juga budak bertuah tu kena marah but it wont last long. Instead of kata bend negative, I'll change it to something positive like, dengarlah cakap, good boy good boy.

Doa parents tu insyaAllah makbul.

I want to be parents that will always doakan kebahagiaan my kid(s). If things wont turn out not to please me, insyaAllah I'll still pray the best for them. Doa, percakapan, niat, say the right things. Please. We're once a kid, we need blessing from our parents, so does our kids.

Respect others.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

Subscribe